DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
PURPOSE AND CONTENT
Braskem is committed to ensuring the privacy of the user, individual and/or legal entity, when using the website and using the services on the website, as per the terms below.
For Braskem S.A. and its group member companies (hereinafter jointly and individually referred to as "Braskem", "we", "us" and "our") it is an essential goal to ensure that we protect the information entrusted to us by our clients, our website visitors and all those with whom we communicate. At Braskem we are committed to upholding the highest privacy and data protection standards. This is critical for the maintenance of Braskem's reputation and for meeting the extensive legal and regulatory requirements imposed on us. We also believe it is important to be transparent when it comes to our information handling and we are committed to fulfilling the requirements under the Law 13.709/2018, commonly known as the General Data Protection Law (LGPD), as well as the relevant national implementation laws and the exercise of your rights thereunder. In this privacy statement we will use the terminology as defined in the LGPD. We will update this privacy statement regularly in order to ensure ongoing compliance with the LGPD and further developments and we advise that you check our website regularly for updates.
This privacy statement is mainly to provide information regarding how Braskem collects, processes and shares your personal data. This privacy statement also sets out the various rights you have in relation to the processing of their personal data.
This privacy statement is not applicable to any internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with the Braskem group that this website may link to. We assume no liability for the contents of such third party websites.
CONTROLLER AND PROCESSOR
Braskem S.A., established in Sao Paulo, Brazil, will be considered the controller. Braskem has appointed several data processors to process personal data on its behalf and to act in accordance with the standards as required under the LGPD and the relevant national implementation laws for the purposes of providing you with our services as set out below. Data processors appointed by Braskem are also subject to the conditions set out in this privacy statement. Our contact details are set out below under the heading 'Queries and other rights'.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Braskem will collect information from the user's registration in the register available on its website. Upon registration, Braskem asks for the user's name, e-mail address and other personal information which, as they become available, will enable personalization of their contact with the website. After registration, the user is no longer anonymous to Braskem, and can benefit from a greater number of resources available on the website.
In addition to registering, Braskem may request the provision of other personal information from the user in special situations, including the following: a) when the user places an advertisement on the classifieds of the website; b) sending quotations for auctions on the website; c) sending suggestions or reporting a problem on the website. If the user contacts Braskem, he will be authorizing Braskem to keep a record of this correspondence. Occasionally, Braskem conducts surveys with users, for the purpose of internal research. In any area of the website where Braskem collects personal information, there will be a link to the Data Privacy Statement reproduced here.
The personal data we process may include:
- Data related to your visit(s) on our website, data related to the devise you use to visit our website, and other information such as an IP-address;
- Basic information, such as your first (or initials) and last name, your title, position and/or the company you work for;
- Contact details, such as your postal address, e-mail address and telephone number(s) if you have submitted these to us by filling out a contact form on our website;
- Personal data relating to you that you provide to us regarding any job application through the website, such as your contact details, information regarding your job history;
- Personal data collected through cookies (see below in the Cookie section and in our Cookie Statement).
As a general rule, Braskem collects personal data directly from you (or the company you work for). However, from time to time Braskem may utilise services of third parties to collect personal data, e.g. through publicly accessible sources and registers, such as public agencies or authorities.
OBTAINMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We obtain the personal data in the following situations:
- When you provide us with your personal data, or when you interact with us directly (by e-mail, telephone, letter or through a contact form on the website), for instance when you apply for a job or when you register for our newsletters or for other information about our company, products and services, including (press) releases. If, when registering, the user indicates that he is interested in receiving offers or information from Braskem and its partners, Braskem and its partners may occasionally send messages via e-mail about products and services that may interest the user. Such advertisements and messages will only be sent if the user indicates that he has no objection to these offers. If you do not wish to receive such correspondence, the user simply has to inform Braskem in writing;
- When we monitor our technology tools and services, including visits of our website and the e-mails which are sent to and from Braskem and/or its group companies;
- As part of our business acceptance process, namely when you (or the company you work for) enter into an agreement with us.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUNDS OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We process personal data set out under the heading 'Personal data collected' above for the following purposes:
- To perform the contractual relationship with you (or the company you work for) and/or to provide and improve our products and/or services requested by you;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and our obligations thereunder we are subject to in Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany or in other jurisdictions (for example know your customer obligations);
For purposes of legitimate interests if these do not fall within the scope of the performance of a contract with you or pursuant to a legal obligation, provided you do not have an overriding privacy interest, including:
- to manage and administer our relationship with you;
- for direct marketing purposes, among others, to identify products and services you may be interested in, to optimise our products and services and to inform you through newsletters about our products and services. You will always have the option to opt-out of any such communications. If required by law, we will only use your personal data for those purposes upon your prior consent;
- to provide and improve our website by generating statistics regarding the use of the website;
- to handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services or events; and
- to perform (statistical) research;
- We may process your data for other specific purposes upon having obtained your consent (and if required explicit consent).
We only process your personal data for the above purposes and ensure that it is only available to those people who have a legitimate need to know and who would require access to it.
At this time we do not process personal data via automated decision making nor do we engage in profiling.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Braskem will be able to compare user information with third party data, and disseminate statistics (for example, the percentage of audience formed by companies in a certain market segment) to describe the potential for possible partners, advertisers and any others.
Braskem may also disclose information about the user in special cases in which it is necessary to disclose that information to identify, contact or legally act against someone who may be violating (intentionally or not) Braskem's or harmed third parties' rights, or contrary Internet etiquette standards. Braskem may disclose information about the user when required by law, at the sole discretion of Braskem or the competent authorities.
We may share your personal data with the below third parties or successors thereof:
- Entities in the Braskem group of companies, such as Braskem´s affiliates Braskem Netherlands B.V., Braskem Netherlands Inc. B.V., Braskem Netherlands Finance B.V. (the Netherlands), Braskem Europe GmbH (Germany), Braskem America Inc (US) and Braskem Idesa SAPI (Mexico), agents and service providers, as well as our legal representatives;
- Our auditors; only upon their request and provided the request has been submitted on legitimate grounds;
- The national data protection supervisory authorities;
- Any competent courts and judiciary authorities pursuant to data protection disputes.
Disclosures to an entity as set out above, the subcontracting of services or the hosting of Braskem S.A.'s own servers may entail that we are required to transfer your personal data to countries which do not meet the standard of having an adequate level of protection. In such case we have procedures designed and in place to ensure compliance with the applicable data protection laws to protect your personal data. For transferring personal data within the Braskem group, the relevant group companies have entered into a data transfer agreement based on the EC Standard Contractual Clauses.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Braskem has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing.
The registration information on the website is password protected so that only the user has access to this personal information. Braskem recommends that the user does not disclose his password to anyone. Braskem will never ask for the user's password by phone or unsolicited email. The user must also remember to log out of the site and close the window of his browser when he finishes a browsing session. This helps to minimize the chances that others will gain access to the user's personal information and electronic correspondence, especially when the user shares a computer with someone or is using a computer in a public place.
No data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Consequently, although Braskem may use its best efforts to protect the user's personal information, Braskem cannot guarantee or ensure the security of any information transmitted to Braskem or provided while browsing the website, and it is at the user's discretion to assume that risk. Ultimately, the user is solely responsible for maintaining the privacy of their passwords and/or any information about their registration, and must be careful and responsible whenever they are browsing online. On the other hand, the user should be aware that he is solely responsible for qualifying his information as private or not, and thus decide, at his own risk and expense, to provide it in online browsing.
Also, the user must be aware that privacy rights are independent and not to be confused with intellectual property rights, image rights, rights to honor and reputation, and other personality rights, and that, therefore, not always information you provide on the site will be protected by them.
There are restricted access areas on the website. The user agrees that improper access to such areas will be considered an invasion of privacy, for all purposes.
Braskem reserves the right to judge, in its sole discretion, except in the event of a decision by a competent authority, on the appropriateness of requests for information from a user made by another user on the pretext of having a common interest for the latter.
The website is not to be confused with the provision of Internet access, and Braskem should not be asked to provide information about the data flow of users who access the website, except in the case of determination by competent authorities, at Braskem's discretion.
Braskem is not obliged to keep the information contained on the user on the website for any predefined period.
We will only retain personal data about you for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Personal data will be retained in accordance with our retention policy. The retention period for each category of personal data is based on applicable statutory requirements and the purpose for which the information is collected and used.
The user can edit his information on the website at any time, using his identification (ID) and password on the website.
If the user wishes, their registration on the website may be deleted or deactivated, which will result in the inability to access any service on the website.
QUERIES AND OTHER RIGHTS
Data Subjects have rights under the LGPD regarding any personal data which we process. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Confirmation. Confirm the existence of data processing.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Erasure. Delete your personal data in certain circumstances (right to be forgotten).
- Export. Export/transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice (data portability).
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal data that impacts your rights.
- Consent. If processing of your personal data was based on your consent for a specific purpose, you may always withdraw your consent for that purpose. No legal restrictions apply in this respect.
If you have any questions, remarks, requests or complaints regarding the collection or use of (your) personal data or regarding this privacy statement, contact the Braskem data protection officer by emailing us at email@example.com . Moreover, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.